Hey everyone, hope all is well! We are very happy to report that we have successfully completed our very first mass production run of Lumos Helmets. That picture above? Our very first batch of 1,000 helmets at our warehouse. We shipped them out to backers last week and many have already started using their helmets!
Here are some early reviews from them:
- Wow. I am so impressed with the quality, fit and comfort. You did a wonderful job creating this helmet. Have already ordered a second one for my daughter who is big into Ironman's, she went wild after seeing the short video I sent her on the helmet's lights. Again, great job to everyone involved, I am very very pleased. - Chris Mathewson
- Tried it out last night for the first time and wow! In addition to the cool technology, it is very comfortable. At a stop light, the car next to me asked what bike shop in town could they find one...so handed out my first referral. - John Long
- It fits very comfortably, is quite attractive, and easy to use and setup. My housemates during the unboxing were quite impressed. I am really glad you included the referral discount cards because while I was installing the mount at my work I already gave one away. This is certainly one of the best products I ever received as a result of a crowd-funding campaign, and I've supported well over a hundred. Great job guys. - Jesse
And here is a pretty in-depth review a backer has made and put on YouTube:
Awesome!! When Can I Expect My Helmet to Arrive?
We are as anxious as you are to get your helmet to you as soon as possible. Early nights are coming soon with the fall season and we want you guys to have your Lumos Helmet asap so you can have a safer ride.
The nice thing is now that we have learnt how to successfully put together 1,000 helmets, we are now ready to scale that process relatively quickly. Here is an overview for you of our production schedule:
- Batch 2: Oct 20th (1,500 helmets)
- Batch 3: Nov 5th (5,500 helmets)
- Batch 4: Nov 18th (5,500 helmets)
Note 1: I’m writing specific dates and quantities here because I want to provide as much clarity as I can. With the information currently available to us we believe that we can meet these timelines. However as you have already seen, things do happen, and if dates shift a little within this timeline please bear with us.
Note 2: These dates indicate when helmets enter our warehouse facility in Hong Kong. It will take an additional few business days for it to be shipped and arrive at your doorstep.
How it will work:
- About 1 week before the ship date we will send you your final survey. You will be able to make final changes to your order then (color + shipping address), as well as purchase accessories such as extra mounts and remotes if you're interested in that.
This is the first time that we are doing any of this, so we’re pretty sure that we are going to make all kinds of mistakes. If you encounter trouble with your helmet or with your order, we have two members of our team dedicated to supporting you during this period. They will be manning our firstname.lastname@example.org email and will make sure to get you sorted out. Please meet Hannu and Joni!
If you have been corresponding with us on email, Kickstarter, Facebook, or Twitter, you have most likely been doing so with either Hannu or Joni!
Here is the link to the Lumos Helmet Users Facebook Group that Joni mentions: https://www.facebook.com/groups/lumoshelmet/
And here is the Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/lumoshelmet/
And for any product related support questions you can email us at email@example.com
Thank you everyone for your tremendous patience and support thus far. We’ve come a long way together, and we are so excited to finally be shipping helmets in bulk! We would love to get your feedback on how you think we're doing. Let us know by filling in this 30 second survey HERE!
Eu-wen, Jeff, and the entire Lumos Helmet Team